Music Doing Good with Scholarships
Music Doing Good believes that students who wish to deepen their instrumental or vocal studies through private lessons should have the opportunity to do so.
Houston-area students in 4th–12th grade who are passionate about music, are encouraged to apply for Music Doing Good scholarships, which provide funding for private lessons, music workshops and tuition through educational institutions. Applications will be accepted between January 4, 2018 and March 21, 2018. While we want to support and encourage all students with exceptional musical abilities, evidence of self-discipline and financial need play significant roles in the committee’s decisions.
- Students that are passionate about their musical education and in the 4th-12th grade at the time of submission.
- Applicants must reside in the Greater Houston area.
- Applicants must submit all applications materials on or before Wednesday, March 21, 2018. Awards will be announced by email on or before Friday, April 13, 2018.
- The committee will review applications with the following criteria:
- Artistic Merit 30%
- Financial Need 40%
- “Doing Good” with music 10%
- Impact of music on student’s life 20%
“AFA was truly an amazing experience! I was forced to challenge myself by learning professional level repertoire in three weeks. This bond that music creates is something that constantly reassures me it is what I want to do with my life. The friendships I made and the music I was a part of is something I will never forget. I can honestly say I look forward to returning next summer. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this experience!”
- January 26, 2018 Music of Harmony
- January 17, 2018 Music Doing Good Around the Globe
- January 10, 2018 Ensuring the Next Generation of Musicians are Given a Chance to Thrive
- January 2, 2018 2018 Scholarship Applications Coming January 4th!
- October 4, 2017 Music Doing Good nonprofit brings music to children in need