Music Doing Good with Scholarships
Music Doing Good believes that students who wish to deepen their instrumental or vocal studies through private lessons should have the opportunity to do so.
Houston-area students in 4th–12th grade who are passionate about music, are encouraged to apply for Music Doing Good scholarships, which provide funding for private lessons, music workshops and tuition through educational institutions. Applications will be accepted between January 4, 2018 and March 21, 2018. While we want to support and encourage all students with exceptional musical abilities, evidence of self-discipline and financial need play significant roles in the committee’s decisions.
- Students that are passionate about their musical education and in the 4th-12th grade at the time of submission.
- Applicants must reside in the Greater Houston area.
- Applicants must submit all applications materials on or before Wednesday, March 21, 2018. Awards will be announced by email on or before Friday, April 13, 2018.
- The committee will review applications with the following criteria:
- Artistic Merit 30%
- Financial Need 40%
- “Doing Good” with music 10%
- Impact of music on student’s life 20%
- Music Doing Good nonprofit brings music to children in need October 4, 2017
- Music Doing Good Announces 2017 Scholarships April 26, 2017
- Music Doing Good Scholarships: Vi Nguyen on making it to Carnegie Hall at Age 9! December 18, 2014
- Music Doing Good: Teaching Art and Civility October 4, 2014
- Music Doing Good Scholarship Recipients are “The Ones to Watch” May 31, 2014
- Making Music Lessons a Reality for Houston’s Underserved Children December 12, 2016
- Stories From Our Scholarship Students – Alexandria October 27, 2016
- Music Doing Good Announces 2016 Scholarship Recipients! June 15, 2016
- Making Music Lessons a Reality for Houston’s Underserved Children January 20, 2016
- A Musical Adventure Celebrated on Two Continents August 11, 2015