Music Doing Good with Instruments
Music Doing Good with Instruments grants gently-used instruments to underserved students and underfunded school districts.
Where music programs are scaled back or eliminated, instruments are often scarce. By partnering with individuals, organizations, and retail vendors, Music Doing Good with Instruments collects, refurbishes, and redistributes instruments to underserved students and underfunded schools in the greater Houston area. Strings, brass, percussion and woodwind instruments are needed for budding young musicians.
Numerous studies have verified that children who learn a musical instrument, music appreciation and musical performance, demonstrate higher academic scores specifically in math, science and languages. As music programs continue to disappear from the classrooms, Music Doing Good assists in filling the gaps. We believe that education in music is not a luxury — it is a necessity.
“I just wanted to give you an update on your first recipient! He’s in symphonic band at Stafford Middle School, AND he performs with Jack Yates High School Band! He is having a great time, and is learning so much! Yates is now class 3-A, which allows a middle schooler to perform on the field! The music programs in the surrounding schools have sadly shut down, leaving so many students without an outlet for their talents until [they reach] high school.”
- April 26, 2018 Martina McBride’s Team Music Is Love and Music Doing Good Team Up To Donate Instruments To Middle School Damaged in Hurricane Harvey
- April 25, 2018 Money, instruments donated to Harvey-damaged school
- April 20, 2018 Music Doing Good and Team Music Is Love Partner for Instrument Grant
- February 5, 2018 My Instrument Grant: Julie Lambert
- December 13, 2017 Christmas Comes Early For Music Students at Hastings High School