Apply for a Scholarship
Applications for our 2017 Scholarships are now closed. Send us an e-mail if you have any questions or for additional information about our scholarship program.
To apply for a 2018 scholarship, please visit http://musicdoinggood.org/outreach/scholarships/apply-for-a-scholarship-2018/
Terms of Scholarship
- Scholarships can be applied to lessons with a private teacher, tuition through an educational institution, or, in certain cases, short-term programs. (This scholarship does not provide for living, travel, or instrument related expenses.)
- After the scholarship is awarded, the recipient will be responsible for the following:
- Signing and returning the scholarship award acceptance contract
- Submitting a summary of lessons and musical activities at the end of the program
- Naming Music Doing Good in all biographies, interviews, programs and other print materials whenever possible
- The scholarship recipient receives no money. Awarded funds are paid directly to the school, instructor, or music organization and cannot be paid directly to the student or student’s family. Scholarships cannot be applied toward the purchase of instruments.
- The scholarship awards ceremony will be held on Saturday April 22nd, 2017, from 1-3pm.
- Award must be fully spent by May 31, 2018.
- Scholarships awarded for summer study will be disbursed on or around June 1st, 2017. Scholarships awarded for lessons during the school year will be disbursed on or around August 1st, 2017
Students with the top 20 overall scores will be asked to perform in a concert at the University of St. Thomas in June, 2018
Direct All Questions To:
Music Doing Good with Scholarships
c/o Rodney Waters
4203 Yoakum Blvd, Suite 200
Houston, TX 77006