Music Doing Good in Service
Music Doing Good in Service lends a helping hand to area music students by providing in-class piano accompaniment for soloists, ensembles, choirs, and musical theatre students.
Music Doing Good in Service provides teachers and students with an experienced pianist, educator, and conductor to help with a variety of needs, including:
- Record and rehearse UIL repertoire
- Run a sectional rehearsal
- Take the lead on a campus-wide musical
- Provide individual coaching
This innovative program fills a huge void in that most fine arts budgets do not allow for the additional expense of hiring part-time accompanists and class sizes prohibit much one-on-one musical experiences.
Schools Working With Music Doing Good in Service
- Carver High School (Aldine ISD)
- Presbyterian School
- Northside High School (HISD)
- Energized for STEM Academy (HISD)
Notable Student - Bobbie Villaloboz
Our final student spotlight of the school year is Bobbie Villaloboz. Bobbie, a graduating senior, was in the Carver High School Choir for four years. She received high enough rankings in her UIL competition that she was invited to the state competition in Austin. Most notably, Bobbie’s academic tenacity has earned her the number one ranking in her Class of 2018. She is planning on attending Bryn Mawr University in Pennsylvania. Kudos to valedictorian Bobbie Villaloboz!
“We can’t imagine a better fit to the choral program at Presbyterian School! Mr. Hall’s talented fingers, keen understanding of musical styles, and willing spirit combine to support our students as they gain confidence, develop as musicians, and strive towards strong performances.”
- June 5, 2018 Shining the Spotlight on Our Students!
- April 6, 2018 Musical Mentoring: Music Doing Good in Service
- February 15, 2018 Musical Outreach Programs Expanded with Music Doing Good in Service